Another nightly build for win32 is available.
- Randomization of NTP sampling interval. Instead of static delay, current implementation of NTP client is choosing a random delay between 1 and 6 minutes in case of error or 1-6 hours in case of successful synchronization.
- GetAdjustedTime() function uses p2p offset correctly if amount of NTP offset samples is unsufficient.
- Additional NTP servers were added, new amount of servers is 162.
- getinfo RPC call now provides you additional data about your system clock offset against NTP and the p2p median time.
- Some irrelevant changes in the proof-of-stake miner.
Support for automatic time sampling over NTP has been added into main sources tree. Now client tries to check whether there is ntpd running on current machine. And if it’s not, creates a time sampling thread in order to maintain better accuracy of timestamps which are given by GetAdjustedTime() function.
Now client supports automatic selection of optimal source of time between NTP, median of p2p clocks and system time.
Novacoin-QT (core version 0.5.3) now is release for Android devices.
Release published on Google Play.
NovaCoin client update 0.5.3 has been published.
- Core: add checkpoint on 200,000 block;
- RPC: add new methods dumpblock and dumpblockbynumber.
and other commits since march.
Lightweight wallet Coinomi, working with electrum-servers, currently supports Novacoin.
Few weeks ago Balthazar have published a simple client implementation of Stratum protocol.
Currently working on pure C# implementation of basic NVC protocol features.
While libraries are far from being complete, this code already may be useful for block or transaction parsing, generation of addresses etc. The goal is to implement a minimum which is required to create our own implementation of Electrum client.
The efforts of sir.miklosh was published ebuild for Gentoo for novacoin-qt.
In support of this implementation has been made revision of test portage, included QT-wallet and daemon.
Novacoin repository has been updated.
- Additional script checkings against transaction malleability;
- Multi-threaded script verification;
- Watch-only addresses support.
NovaCoin client update 0.4.4.6 u4 has been published.
It’s the mandatory update which should be applied before 20 Aug 2014. Database format is compatible with recent 0.4.4.6 builds, so you don’t need to re-syncronize the blockchain.
CoinsDB engine isn’t stable enough for now, so I suppose that 0.4.4.7 branch will be frozen for indefinite time. But its experience will be used in the 0.4.4.6 branch.
NovaCoin 0.4.4.7b5 update
- QT: dumpwallet & importwallet from the menu;
- QT: locking, unlocking & unlocking for mining from the menu;
- QT: Display input weight in the coin control table;
- QT: Proof-of-Stake miner status notifications in the GUI;
- Core: New fees policy. Introduce 0.001 coin per 1kb traffic cost, allow free transactions below 1kb. Becomes active since 20 July 2014;
- Core: Updated transactions verification protocol, allow timestamp drift for coinbase transaction to resolve p2pool mining issues. Becomes active since 20 August 2014.